Sunday, March 20, 2011

Blah, blah, blah, blah, bl-ah!

   Ramblings, easy to do, hard to understand.
   I have this idea in my head that most people use the Internet to voice their opinions on issues pertaining to their life as it is. Personally, I find most of their commentary amusing. More often than not, I feel we read these rantings because it makes us feel better about our crappy day. But, maybe it's just the injustice we see everyday that leads us to others who have the guts to rant about the injustice...(I'm just talking out my mouth here.)
   One of my books, Chasing Hannah Stein, tells the tale of a young man whose star has risen and is stuck in the unfortunate limelight of the paparazzi. I pity this boy, who has never been in a serious relationship in his life, due to the fact that he cannot trust anyone with his "fragile fame".
   Which leads me back to the rantings and ravings of severely depressing/quirky personalities we so freely read. Most people might see the latest tidbit on their favorite actor/actress and turn the other cheek. Where as others are DYING to know what makes them tick. I find it odd, how some people believe they literally KNOW these men or women and that they have some kind of connection to them. Beats the hell out of me.
   I can't say in all honesty that I don't pick up a mag here or there and read the latest gossip. (People magazine in particular. In my defense, I love the puzzler). To be honest, it was an interview with David Letterman that Kristen Stuart gave (with her hand constantly brushing through her hair and her legs shaking at every moment) that a seed was planted and then fertilized in my brain (ergo, Chasing Hannah Stein). It doesn't bother me that these people ask for privacy; they are human after all and deserve some respect. What really freaks me out is the amount of attention that some receive.
   How can any self-respecting parent allow their child to stand outside a movie theater for DAYS just so they can glimpse their favorite person of interest AND allow that child to ask "Bite Me" while they move their hair aside and slant their necks just so? I don't find this cute...I find it appalling.
   Is there a moral to this blog? No. But, are we not free to write whatever we want? Yes. So, here are my rantings for the day. : )
   Happy Writing!
   -C.

No comments:

Post a Comment