Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Last Cymbal

   I have accomplished a feat...my second completed novel has my head spinning.
   Most of you who write understand the joy that comes with entertaining ideas of characters in your head and then taking the time to bring them to life on paper (computer). I thoroughly enjoyed writing and rewriting this book. The main characters are so...vivacious. They are complex, yet normal and their situations are so far from MY norm, I find myself enjoying them all the more.
   For a rundown, I'll go over the basics.
   Nashville "Nash" McKenna, drummer and founder of the internationally famous rock band, Tantra, has a heart full of sin. After years of drug and alcohol abuse (and screwing up his family royally), he sets out on a quest to find the one thing his money cannot buy him...salvation.
   As his journey to forgiveness goes on, he comes to terms with the mistakes of his past and finds peace within himself with the help of William, leader of the Yakama tribe. He sees himself for what he really is and figures out that even though others speak of forgiveness, it is up to him to decide to forgive himself. Until he does, his soul will never be at peace.
   After his soul is healed, he sets out to tell his children, Marley, Billie and Lennon and his ex-wife, Sophia of his new found freedom. But fate has other plans and when Marley (the most revered of the three) finds his body, the whole world learns of his death and his family begins to spin out of control.
   The story is not only about forgiveness, but of strength and family bonds that CAN be mended, no matter how large the hole.
   It was an emotional ride for me, pulling all the things that made them a McKenna from the furthest regions of my mind. But even though the story isn't cream and roses, the heart of it sets me free. I was fortunate enough to come across these people in my thoughts and in a single idea that flourished with the help of friends and family.
   I invite you to read the first two chapters posted on my website, http://www.chandramgarza.com/. However, keep in mind that it is still in the editing phases so there are an abundant amount of mistakes. But I think you'll get the gist of the beginning and hopefully, you'll develop a relationship with the McKenna brood as I did.

   Happy Writing.
   C.

No comments:

Post a Comment