Saturday, March 12, 2011

Work, work, work

   Today I have completed another chapter of the rewrite for Concerning Amity. I'm really enjoying this process.
   If I am being honest, I have to say I really adore my characters. How lucky am I that these wonderful creatures managed to find their way into my head? Gilly, spunky, sharp and quick witted is like most high school girls, always seeing the worst in themselves. But what I enjoy about her is that she's comfortable with it. She may not get what others can plainly see about her (beautiful, smart, funny) but she's too comfortable in herself to care.
   On a side note, if you have read the severely unedited manuscript I have posted on my website, Gilly might come across as, well, ungrateful. But this is not the case. If my parents demanded as much from me as hers do, I don't think I'd be able to handle it. Furthermore, she is a teenager and as we all know, teenagers (and you have to admit this guys) think everything is the end of the world. We've all been there.
   On that note, I'd like to say that I enjoy reliving my youth. At that age, I had great friends, some of whom I am still friends with till this day. My only question is, how do teens today differ from us? If anyone has any input on this subject, I'd like to hear it.
   As for writing, I am lucky enough to have found a critique partner that knows her stuff. She is the coolest and I'm grateful I have found another "nerdy" mind like mine.
   Thanks, Jess. You're a life saver.
   I am also grateful for my new writing family. I enjoy our conversations on the craft, spilling out ideas through chat or phone conversations. It's a major release from stress.
Goodnight all and happy writing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment